This is so scary, plus, it infuriates me. What right does the FDA have to do this? Well, the Senate subsidies this kind of law-fallacy. It sent me into research mode, trying to find out who would stop this; congress? No. White House (HAHAHAHA). no. New presidential candidates? Only Ron Paul. It also made me think of what David Wolfe says, (paraphrasing to follow) when it gets this bad, ridiculous, silly, prepostrous, impossible; it means that it's going to get better quick. It has to. It has to.
FDA Attempting to Regulate Juice, Herbs, and Supplements as "DRUGS"
this is a short excerpt from a much longer and more detailed article.
there is a link at the end for the full story
It is very clear that the FDA is intending to regulate and ultimately destroy the entire CAM industry (Complementary and Alternative Medicine). Based on the explanations in the FDA's own document, the following things are likely to occur:
* All vitamins, nutritional supplements and functional foods will be stripped of their structure & function claims, reducing them to empty labels where virtually nothing at all is allowed to be stated.
* Vegetable juice will be regulated as a drug. Raw juice retreats will be raided or shut down.
* Growing and selling common garden herbs will get you arrested as a drug dealer.
* Massage oils and handheld massagers will be regulated as "medical devices."
* Yoga props, pilates machines and weight machines will be regulated as "medical devices" and require FDA approval before being sold or used.
* Raw sprouts and other anti-cancer foods will be regulated as drugs.
* Bottled water that "treats" dehydration will be regulated as a drug.
* Massage therapists who use hot rocks as part of their therapy will have the ROCKS regulated as medical devices! (It's true. The FDA will actually look at a pile of rocks and declare, "Those are medical devices!")
* Functional foods, supplements, vitamins and homeopathic remedies will disappear from store shelves, pending FDA "review." (The only things remaining will be processed junk foods and pharmaceuticals, which is exactly what Big Business wants.)
* Therapeutic tea products, such as green tea, will be outlawed and confiscated.
* Vitamin store owners will be arrested and prosecuted for "practicing medicine without a license."
* Citizens owning personal inventories of "unapproved drugs" (vitamins and herbs) may have their homes raided at gunpoint and their inventories confiscated by armed law enforcement agents.
* The importation of herbs and functional foods from all countries may be banned.
check out the whole story Here