Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Juicy Life # 4

Well, I have made it through day 3, the ominous day, I was told, as long as you could get through that, you were fine. And I am. Decidedly so. I had a bit of a headache and a little stuffiness yesterday, but will chalk that up to purifying. What’s been amazing and wonderful and surprising is : I haven’t had any cravings at all. I mean not for “so-called-real food” like pasta or rice or bread. I had that Bieler’s broth fantasy and acted on the fact that my body must have been wanting more greens. And so, I provided them. And all is well. I think it’s actually wonderful and amazing (my catchphrase today it seems) that when you provide your body the space to heal, it will tell you exactly what it needs. Since I am not having cravings, I interpret this to mean that I am actually being well-rounded enough that my body is actually getting what it needs to run properly. I have been doing Udo’s Omega 3-blend oil (EFA), and seaweed flake (iodine) and protein, iron, calcium, vitamins, minerals (leafy greens and spirulina) all the lovely stuff from fruit – its wonderful and amazing! As I said above: I think when we actually make time to listen to our bodies we will find out intuitively, exactly what the next step is.

In the evenings I have started adding some garlic into my juices for a more savory flavor, as I am still cooking for M. But I have juiced nearly nine cloves this week so far! And then I went and looked through this lovely book I have by Rebecca Wood called The New Whole Foods Encyclopedia, which is full of wonderful info, and I often look up food lore there. I think I will put up a new interesting tidbit when I find them of value. For Example: did you know this about acorns? "If you've ever wondered why the wooden pulls to Venetian blinds are shaped like acorns? It's because of Thor. This Norse god ruled both thunder and oak trees. Therefore oaks were considered protected from lightning and hanging an acorn talisman at one's window prevented it from striking indoors." Okay, so I know that's not about eating food, but here's my point,

about the garlic: "Health Benefits: garlic has a pungent-sweet flavor, is warming in the thermal nature, is a stimulant, and tonifies the spleen-pancreas, stomach, kidney and lung meridians. {It} stimulates metabolism and is used for both chronic and acute disease. It's antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-parasitical. Helps to stabilize blood sugar levels. Promotes growth of healthy intestinal flora. It eliminates toxins from the body ranging from {get this} snake venom to heavy metals." How cool is that! Perfect for my needs while juicing!

Breakfast:

1 head of romaine
handful of grapes
1/2 fuji apple
4 stalks celery with leaves
1 tsp. Spirulina

turned into a lovely deeeeep jade color!

Juice #2

1 small bulb fennel
6 leaves dinosaur kale
1/2 lemon with pith
1/4 fuji apple
1/2 carrot
parsley stems
4 oz. purified (not Distilled!!) water

smells green but tastes great -- very refreshing.

No comments: