Saturday, October 27, 2007

Days 5 -6: Into the World

The most wonderful thing happened.

But before I tell you, I have to give some background. I have been struggling with my weight for almost six years. I have had bouts of apathy, depression, listlessness, anger, fatigue... which are hardly in the motivation column when it comes to exercise. Hearing raw foodists discuss the energy they experience made me skeptical but hopeful -- and now convinced. I will have come away from my juice (as of yesterday) 14 pounds lighter. But that's just the bonus!

What I wanted was to feel better and I feel great! Wonderful, energetic, alive! I have, in the past two days, been on hour long hikes, skipping and feeling exuberant in the cool Colorado air and not even been out of breath! It's amazing -- I feel like I can take on the world. Conquer mountains, learn how to play an instrument, be in nature more, find my place in this world. I know that diet alone does not change your body or your feeling of relationship with yourself or others, let alone the planet. Now I feel like I have the energy and vitality to make this next step. And I am so grateful for that! I feel heroic. Happy. I haven't been here in a long time. I had forgotten what I was missing!



So -- Go for a walk today! Have some juice, have a salad -- live your life, don't wait, don't wait!

Breakfast Juice --

1 head broccoli
1 lemon
1/2 fuji apple
1/2 cucumber

No comments: