Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Saying Goodbye to One of the Men in My Life

Yesterday morning, Maharishi Mahesh Yogi passed on from this world.

Many may or may not know him, the Beatles knew him and so did upwards of 7,000 meditating yogis in the Midwest and California, additionally around the globe. He introduced TM to the West and helped to make Ayurveda, Meditation and Yoga the household concepts they are becoming, in many parts of the country.

I grew up in his "utopia" of Fairfield, Iowa. And he was the Guru of mine and my family's life for the first 14 or 15 years I was on this planet. And that, I am sure is conservative when compared to others in the community...

Which, I can only imagine is in mourning right now... Roundings, puja and prayer...

Om Namah Shivaya,
Om Guru, Om Guru
Deva Deva
Om Shanti, Shanti, Shanti
Peace Peace Peace
rest in holy peace. Jai Guru Dev.

No comments: